2004 Feb 10 11:23

Re: [vox-tech] Virtual Consoles

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2004 08:41:37 -0800 Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

Syslog says:
Feb 10 08:26:00 kabloom getty[2535]: /dev/tty2: already in use
Feb 10 08:26:10 kabloom getty[2536]: /dev/tty2: already in use
The first thing that comes to mind is that you started some program in the background during your previous session on this tty, and it's still running. When this happens, try logging in on a different tty (ie a different virtual console), running "ps -e", and looking for any processes with this tty listed in the TTY column.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338