2004 Feb 02 22:54

Re: [vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue

--On Monday, February 02, 2004 10:11:45 PM -0800 "Richard S. Crawford" <rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

My wife just picked up for us a Belkin UPS device: a "Regulator Pro Gold
Series", which looks pretty spiffy.  I hooked it up and attached my RH8
server to it, and now I'm trying to get the ups daemon installed.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to start up the daemon, I get this error:

"Error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

...which doesn't surprise me, since the software was tested against no
later version of RH than 6.2.
If you go to rpmfind.net and search on "libncurses.so.4", it lists an RPM called ncurses4-5.0-9.i386.rpm for RH 8.0. This is supposed to be a compatibility version of the ncurses package. You should have a copy of it on your RH8 installation CDs.

--
Ken Herron