2004 Jan 31 07:53

Re: [vox-tech] SQL selecting distinct from multiple index tables

Re: [vox-tech] SQL selecting distinct from multiple index tables

select distinct
Organizations.OID, Organizations.Name, Organizations.Acronym
from Organizations o
where o.OID in
  (select OrgID from OrgDocs
   union
   select OrgID from OrgProjects);

Build subqueries first, thereby avoiding the full table joins.