2004 Jan 31 20:22

[vox-tech] SQL selecting distinct from multiple index tables

[vox-tech] SQL selecting distinct from multiple index tables

I have two index tables the associate Organizations with documents and projects. I'm trying to write a query that returns all the organizations that are associated with either a project or document.

To select distinct organization that are either associated with a Document or a Project, I'm using SQL that looks like this.

select distinct Organizations.OID , Organizations.Name , Organizations.Acronym
from OrgDocs , Organizations
where OrgDocs.OrgID = Organizations.OID

select distinct Organizations.OID , Organizations.Name , Organizations.Acronym
from OrgProjects , Organizations
where OrgProjects.OrgID = Organizations.OID

Any suggestions on how to combine this into a single query?

thx,

--
David