2004 Jan 31 01:07

[vox-tech] devfs and mkisofs, don't have permission to create multisession cd's

[vox-tech] devfs and mkisofs, don't have permission to create multisession cd's

I have a backup script that I run periodically (and I haven't run it
in two whole weeks), and I was trying to run it today but since having
switched to devfs, the permissions on the cd drive's device file seem
to have changed (probably as a result of the switch), so that I can't
read the file system. As a result, I can't add new sessions to a CD
because a permissions error keeps mkisofs from reading the previous
sessions on the CD.

Devfs complains about /dev/sg0

[bloom@kabloom ~]% ls -l /dev/sg0
lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 2004-01-30 07:22 /dev/sg0
-> scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/generic
[bloom@kabloom ~]% ls -l `readlink -f /dev/sg0`
crw-r--r--    1 root     cdrom     21,   0 1969-12-31 16:00
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/generic

Does anybody know what the correct permissions should be, or how to
fix this problem?