2004 Jan 29 12:30

Re: [vox-tech] Fsck-ing a Hard Disk Problem

On Thursday 29 January 2004 11:09, Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> So, what does all of this mean?  If I continue to hear the grinding/barking
> sound does that mean that I need a new hard disk?  Of course I really don't
> know if that sound is connected to the problem.  But how serious is this
> problem?

Here's some more information.  When one exits from K-mail a little box comes
up saying that K-mail is being cleaned up.  Now when I exit, the box stays up
for a *much* longer time.  And while the box stays up the grinding/barking
sound continues.

It seems to me that KDE is screwing up somehow.  But I am still able to boot
into Linux without any fsck errors.  I'm just wondering if I need a new hard
disk.

Bob