2004 Jan 28 19:39

Re: [vox-tech] Debian networking problem -- where do I start?

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 15:32, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Doesn't WinXP come with a firewall?  It could be just the ping that's not
> working.  Try typing `smbclient -L <winxp_computer_name>`
>
> -Mark (wrestling with his own winxp problems today)

I disabled the WinXP firewall (I have a firewall on my router, and I'm
using ZoneAlarm on the XP box, so I'm not worried).

I got odd results using the command:

root@lucien: ~
# smbclient -L dumbledore
added interface ip=192.168.1.164 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
timeout connecting to 192.168.1.165:139
Error connecting to 192.168.1.165 (Operation already in progress)
Connection to dumbledore failed

...and this seems odd because ps -aux reveals no processes involved in
connecting to Dumbledore.

When I try to ping Dumbledore, nothing happens.  Eventually I ^C just to
get it to stop.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford