2004 Jan 28 19:39

Re: [vox-tech] Debian networking problem -- where do I start?

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 15:37, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> what makes this a bit difficult is the fact that XP may not log as well
> as a unix OS.
>
> doesn't XP come with a firewall now?  why don't you check that first?

It's off.  First thing I checked.  :)

> ok.  so you can't ping XP from debian.
>
> can you ping debian from XP?

Yep.

> can you ping XP from anyone else on your local LAN?

Yep.  I can ping it from both of my Red Hat boxes.

> when you type "route" on debian (not "route -n", i mean "route") does it
>    hang for a long time or do you get results immediately?

I get immediate results:

root@lucien: /etc
# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
192.168.1.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth0
default         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0
eth0

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford