2004 Jan 27 00:52

Re: [vox-tech] XMMS For Radio

First let me say "Thanks" to both Trevor and Dave.  I've got the XMMS playing
KXPR.  KXPR and KXJZ are the only stations I've seen so far that specifcally
mention Linux as an option (though of course one can always use Real Player).

On Monday 26 January 2004 00:52, Dave Margolis wrote:

> Konquerer has a very similar feature, except it doesn't seem to _remember_
> your preference.  I just tried to add *.pls to the File Association prefs
> in that browser but it didn't stick.  Maybe somebody who uses Konquerer
> more can offer a better answer there.

I got it going a bit differently than suggested by Trevor and Dave, but I used
their advice to work out my way.  What I like is that I can now bring up the
XMMS player and listen to KXPR without having to go to the radio web site.

It seems to work better than Real Player.

Bob