2004 Jan 26 11:51

Re: [vox-tech] how to capture error messages for getting help (was: 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome)

Re: [vox-tech] how to capture error messages for getting help (was: 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome)

try:

   modprobe -a ntfs

if that doesn't work, see if "locate ntfs.o" gives you anything.  if
not, you're going to have to compile the NTFS module which allows you to
read, but not write to, an NTFS partition.

you can compile the module without having to compile the whole kernel,
so that's a plus.

i thought most linux distros kitchen sinked all the modules...

pete