2004 Jan 26 09:46

Re: [vox-tech] REPOSTING Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

On Monday 26 January 2004 09:03, Gunnar wrote:
>  Hello Folks
>  I just started using linux 2 days ago and i am a little bit lost. I have
>  a 9600 pro and red hat 9 installed on my system.  I tried to install
>  9600 pro drivers from ati to my red hat following a "how to". The last
>  command i gave was rpm -i -force filename. Then i cant get startx to
>  work (gnome).

Not a good thing.  Why did you have to use the force option with rpm?  What is
the package name you installed?

We need the complete output from the XFree86 Error, look in /var/log/ for the
XFree86 error log.

Looks like your XFree86 config file might have gone missing.  Take a peek in
/etc/X11 and see if the RPM package you forced made a backup of the old one.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer