2004 Jan 26 00:53

Re: [vox-tech] XMMS For Radio

On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 23:19, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I came across a LUGOD post dated January 9, 2002 from Richard Crawford.  He
> wanted to listen to KXJZ but at the time that station only offered its stream
> in Windows Media.  But if one goes to www.csus.edu/npr they now have options
> for Windows Media, Real Player and XMMS for Linux for both KXJZ and KXPR.
>
> I can hear KXPR with Real Player.  But how does one get XMMS to get the
> stream?  I'm having a hard time getting documentation for XMMS.  Does anyone
> know how to get XMMS to play an internet radio station?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob

Right-clicking on XMMS there is a menu entry: "Play Location". The radio
station you reference is a *.pls and can be opened directly from within
the web browser by right-clicking on the link and selecting "Open With"
or by saving the *.pls to hard disk and then opening from there or from
within XMMS: right-click menu entry "Play File/Directory". And if you go
into XMMS preferences under "Audio I/O Plugins" under the input plugin:
"MPEG Layer 1/2/3 Player 1.2.8 [libmpg123.so]" you can configure it to
save your streams to disk. ;-)