2004 Jan 26 09:04

[vox-tech] Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

[vox-tech] Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

Hello Folks

I just started using linux 2 days ago and i am a little bit lost. I have a 9600 pro and red hat 9 installed on my system.  I tried to install 9600 pro drivers from ati to my red hat following a "how to". The last command i gave was rpm -i -force filename. Then i cant get startx to work (gnome).

I get the following messages when i type startx at prompt:

(EE) Unable to locate /open config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal error:no screen found.

My kernel is 2.4.20-8