2004 Jan 20 12:27

Re: [vox-tech] X fonts too small!

There is a little gui to switch your gtk themes, including fonts, which then auto-writes the files Pete mentions below. For gtk2, it's called switch2, and I'm sure there is another for gtk1 (probably switch1 or something). I'm guessing you can apt-get it in Debian. I like it because you can preview the theme before applying it.

Jonathan

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
mark,

for gtk 1.x applications you control font info through ~/.gtkrc.

example:

   style "default"
   {
           font = "-*-arial-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-15"
   }

for gtk 2.x applications, use ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

example:

   gtk-font-name = "Garmond 15"

it's kind of annoying, isn't it?  you kind of wish they'd just use
.Xdefaults, but no.  we get another dotfile.

as far as gnome goes, i'd uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it.

pete