2004 Jan 19 14:31

Re: [vox-tech] Java Debugging

--On Monday, January 19, 2004 11:37:37 AM -0800 Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

On 2004.01.19 11:10, Ken Herron wrote:
--On Monday, January 19, 2004 10:24:12 AM -0800 Ken Bloom
<kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
I don't have any experience with java debuggers, but the man page for
jdb describes how to launch your program in one jvm, then attach a
jdb process to it. It would seem that this is the way to go.
I had thought of that, and rejected it because if I piped data to the
program then it would have terminated before I could even attach the
debugger. Your suggestion made me reconsider that I can just paste the
data for standard input after I've attached the debugger. Thanks, this
works!
If the input is generated by another program, you can also do something like the following:

command | { sleep 60; cat; } | java ...
or
{ sleep 60; command; } | java ...

--