2004 Jan 19 12:33

Re: [vox-tech] Java Debugging

On 2004.01.19 11:10, Ken Herron wrote:
--On Monday, January 19, 2004 10:24:12 AM -0800 Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

What program does one use to debug a Java program that takes data from
the standard input? I tried the jdb (included with j2sdk1.4), and it
doesn't seem to support taking data from the standard input.
I don't have any experience with java debuggers, but the man page for jdb describes how to launch your program in one jvm, then attach a jdb process to it. It would seem that this is the way to go.
I had thought of that, and rejected it because if I piped data to the program then it would have terminated before I could even attach the debugger. Your suggestion made me reconsider that I can just paste the data for standard input after I've attached the debugger. Thanks, this works!