2004 Jan 14 17:10

[vox-tech] can't ssh to suse 9 pro amd64

[vox-tech] can't ssh to suse 9 pro amd64

Hi All,

I just got appointed to be the sys admin for the new machine
our lab bought. I'm a linux newbie and really need you help!!!

Its a opteron based duel cpu running suse 9.0 pro for amd64.

My problem: I can't log into it using ssh.
I made sure the sshd is running and its configured using all default parameters

I'm trying to log on from both RH and from winXPpro using ssh tera term
in both cases I just get permission denied even though the password are correct.

any suggestion will be HIGHLY appriciated.
if you need to know anything else - just ask....

Thanks
Roy