2004 Jan 13 19:02

[vox-tech] dual boot with xp & xp

Title: Message
How are you Corey,  I seen one of your posting regarding linux and xp and my question is as followed....

I have a laptop(dell latitude d600) which is also running out of space.  I would like to install an external fire wire drive and be able to boot to either system.
Now, the external system will also run XP.  Can this be possible without damaging the original installed drive?

I'm a bit technical so I feel comfortable doing the process if you can point me in the right direction.

since the xp system is already installed, will i need to change the boot file? if so how can i do that?  I want to have the option of selecting to boot to the external drive
from the current OS.. is this possible?  I cannot reinstall the original xp os on the original drive (internal drive)

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Freddy Sanchez
OASIS Field Support Tech NE Region

Aristocrat Technologies
Office: (609) 407-9330
Mobile: (609) 338-7756
fax:    (609) 407-9331
FOR TECH SUPPORT AND OR PARTS PLEASE CALL
OUR SUPPORT CENTER AT (800) 482-3723