2004 Jan 09 11:52

Re: [vox-tech] Server Email-Calander Solution

Re: [vox-tech] Server Email-Calander Solution

Quoting Daniel Hurt (dwhurt@ucdavis.edu):

[Two Linux machines running Evolution, and XP running Outlook:]

> I would like to be able to have calender and mail
> replication/synchronization between all these computers.

A lot of people would.

Here's my snapshot of where we stand on that, to my knowledge:
"Groupware" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps
"Scheduling" on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps

> I was wondering if this is possible.  The calender is the most
> important one because it is a pain to keep up two-three calenders (I
> barely have the time/discipline to update one).

Both Evolution and Outlook support the RFC2445 iCAL scheduling-data
format.  I personally use a lot of iCAL data, and tend to make them
Internet-viewable using a neat iCAL-browsing package called PHPiCalendar
(described in the second document mentioned above).

Good luck!

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein