2004 Jan 13 11:15

[vox-tech] Mail Header Weirdness (Mutt/Exim)

[vox-tech] Mail Header Weirdness (Mutt/Exim)

     I just got sending email to work on my Debian 3 machine!  I am
checking what's on my university mail server by POP3 using mutt, and I
compose mail in mutt, sending it via SMTP and exim to my university mail
server.
     When I check my mail, the From: header is what I want - my regular
university email account, but the Sender: and ReturnPath: headers are
edwin@orchid.biologie.uni-mainz.de, which is the login and computer name
of my Debian machine.
      Should I worry about the last two headers not having the same
address as the first header?

     Thanks in advance for the help,
     Edwin