2004 Jan 06 15:48

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody sources for openoffice

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody sources for openoffice

You could install the official binary distribution from OppenOffice.org. I've not had any problems with the 1.1 release after several installs in both Linux and Windows. I'd reccommend getting the CD release which you can leave with your family member. In addition to having the installation binaries for Win, Linux, and Mac, it also has many OO.o "extras" (various templates and such).

Jonathan

Richard Burkhart wrote:
Anyone have a line on an APT repository for Openoffice (preferably 1.1,
compiled for Woody) *THAT WORKS*?

I'm trying to lead/coax/drag a family member onto linux - OO may be the
deal-maker ... but besides all of the OTHER strange things that have
happened on her machine, I can't get apt-get to install openoffice.  When
following links from openoffice.org to the "list of semi-official apt
sources", every single source makes apt (& aptitude) barf when updating the
source lists.

Idearz?  Thanks.