2004 Jan 03 08:11

[vox-tech] Belkin wireless pcmcia F5D6020 ver. 1

[vox-tech] Belkin wireless pcmcia F5D6020 ver. 1

I've been trying to get a Belkin pcmcia wireless card working, specifically F5D6020 _ver. 1_, in my wife's Sony laptop. Note: I know that the card's chipset is supposed to be Prism 2. The F5D6020 _ver. 2_ has an Atmel chipset (which I have running in my laptop). We purchased these at the same time and didn't notice the different "versions" until we got them home...

Anyway, when I plug the card in there is no beep. cardctl ident shows "Realtek", "Rtl8180", which is clearly not correct. In fact, that is the internal modem hardware! Curiously, lspci gives "Ethernet controller: Belkin: Unknown device 6020 (rev 20)". I didn't think pcmcia hardware should show up with lspci at all. Finally, cardctl config shows 3.3V After some (extensive) googling, it seems that this card should run with 5.0V.

Is there anyway to force 5.0V for this card? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Jonathan