Re: [vox-tech] [OT] IRQ's under win2k

> seems like ntfs has been ro in the kernel for ages now.  i wonder what
> the problem could be...

The old, now-discontinued NTFS driver wasn't SMP-clean.  That was the one
with write-capable code that you could switch on via an edit to the
source code, if you were feeling lucky.  The newer and current driver
is a much cleaner design, but (when last I heard) didn't yet have _any_
disk-writing code, whether disabled or not.   Doing that safely is said
to be a seriously difficult problem, and the code maintainers have
deferred that task entirely until the rest of the module is deemed
solid.

--
Cheers,                             * Contributing Editor, Linux Gazette *
Rick Moen                       -*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: -*-