Re: [vox-tech] while we are on the subject of IE...

Re: [vox-tech] while we are on the subject of IE...

Thanks for the reply,

> Did you use some kind of tool to write this code, or is it hand-written?

the code was originally hand-written- however this page is a product of a
database lookup and php script. -essentially the same as the original
hand-written version....

> In either case (but especially the latter) I recommend starting by
> validating your code:
>
> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> I tried running your site though the validator and got a slew of errors
> because your doctype is not properly set.

....hmmm i just tried it to.... i have been using that doctype for a while
now without error.... do you have any idea on a better doctype definition?

> It is quite possible that IE is having problems with perfectly valid
> HTML.  IE has a history of not dealing well with the SELECT tag, which
> you are using extensively.

yeah... i have seen something like this while browsing slashdot on a windows
NT 4 machine.... complicated (or just plain long) tables get squashed
together...