[vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

[vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

There is one pop email client feature I value a great deal: the option to keep mail on the server _until deleted locally_. This is extremely useful when checking email from more than one computer. The email clients I know of that do this correctly are Outlook Express, Eudora, and Calypso. Mozilla and Netscape do it partially ("delete from server when moved from the inbox").

I have done exhaustive searches for a Linux supported email client with this feature, and have found none. Does anyone know of any?

I know that IMAP email is another option. However, not all email servers support it, and I find it to be slower and less stable than pop.

Regards,
Jonathan