2003 Nov 30 15:13

Re: [vox-tech] Boot Disk Not a True Rescue

Re: [vox-tech] Boot Disk Not a True Rescue

> On Sunday 30 November 2003 12:53, Edwin P. Groot wrote:
>> Where do I get a root floppy with tools to
>> repair with when things go wrong?
>
> Floppix looks like a nice little tool too.
>
> http://floppix.ccai.com/

"Floppix has no hard drive support; you cannot access, modify, damage or
destroy anything installed on the hard drive."

In other words, it's like knoppix in that it runs from the disk and lets
you check out a small distro of Linux, but doesn't touch your hard
drive...The difference here is it doesn't even have support for accessing
the hard drive, so it doesn't work as a rescue disk, just something to
play with.