2003 Nov 28 15:24

Re: [vox-tech] Mozilla crash on paste?

> I'm working on Melissa's desktop box, a Debian Woody system with a
> backport
> of Mozilla (Mozila 1.5:  "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5)
> Gecko/20031115 Debian/1.5-3.he-1") and am noticing it crashes (as in, the
> window _vanishes_) whenever I paste into it!
>
> It doesn't matter if I'm pasting into the URL bar at the top, into a text
> form on a web page, or simply middle-clicking on some whitespace on the
> page as a shortcut to go to whatever URL's in the clipboard/selection.
>
> Anyone else seen this?  Or could it be a problem at the XF86 level?
>
> Gnome Term seems to be unaffected, so I'm thinking maybe it's Moz, and
> I should just keep apt-get upgrading til it stops. :^/

I ran into a problem the other day with Moz where the I could click and
scroll with the mouse as much as I wanted, but as soon as I used the
keyboard, whether to type in the URL bar or a text form, or even the arrow
keys to scroll, Moz would completely freeze up on me for about 3 minutes.
Once it came back, everything worked fine until I restarted Moz. Turns out
it was an issue with "Find As You Type". Turning that off (In
Preferences->Advanced->Keyboard Navigation) fixed the problem. Not exactly
the same problem you're having, but they may just be related...