2003 Nov 22 11:33

[vox-tech] esd freezes

on my system, esd sometimes freezes.  it seems to happen mostly with gaim.
anyway, when esd freezes and i kill it, i hear a high pitch noise, like
all the sounds that couldn't be played while esd was frozen all get
flushed out of the queue at the same time (it's just a guess.)  while it's
frozen, if i run esdctl, esdctl freezes, too.

anyone have any idea as to why this happens?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius