2003 Nov 04 00:35

Re: [vox-tech] Serial on RedHat 9?

On Monday, Nov 3, 2003, at 23:24 US/Pacific, Ken Bloom wrote:
check out your kernel configuration files (which list the options your
kernel was compiled with) in /boot and look for CONFIG_SERIAL
I forgot that the config file was in /boot...  CONFIG_SERIAL=y
So it should be in there..

also, see whether your kernel is recognizing the serial port with
dmesg|grep ttyS
No joy... this is beginning to sound like a PnP problem... I hate PnP, and it's nonsensical for things like com ports.

you also cut off /proc/ioports too early
I cut it off, but it's not there...

I'm gonna play with PnP settings in the BIOS, but last time I did that I lost access under windows as well.

Thanks for the help.
-- Mitch