2003 Nov 04 00:40

[vox-tech] Serial on RedHat 9?

I've got a generic, straight, generic RH 9.0 install on my IBM thinkpad T20, and it appears that it doesn't have serial drivers in the kernel by default, and I can't even figure out which drivers I should load.

(lsmod doesn't show them... cat /proc/interrupts doesn't show irq 3 or 4 in use, /proc/ioports missing, etc)

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Please don't tell me that I need to do a kernel build just to get serial ports working?!

-- Mitch