2003 Nov 03 10:12

Re: [vox-tech] shell question: globbing and command arguments

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 08:58:22AM -0800, p@dirac.org wrote:
> so if i have "backup.*" in my local directoy, my example wouldn't work?
> i'll check that out.

No, your example was:

  scp p@remote.host:backup* .

So if you have files named, for example:

  p@remote.host:backup-me
  p@remote.host:backup234

those'll end up being noticed by bash.  Highly unlikely that you'd have files
with those names, though. ;)