January 6: Social gathering
2003 Nov 03 22:29

[vox-tech] XLib and GC

Hi Everyone,

I am programing in Xlib on SuSE 8.2. I have two child windows, of which one
has scrolling text and the other is diplaying jpegs using libjpeg libraries.
They screens work independently of eachother, ie, the images show on one
window and the text scrolls (implemented in a thread using common c++
libraries) continuously on the other screen, but when I show them at the
same time, the text scrolls for one repitition, then dies. My suspicion is
that it is something to do with the graphics context, however they create
their own graphics contexts so I don't see how they can get confused... Any
ideas? I would apprecite some advice.

Cheers,
Julie.