2003 Oct 28 07:27

Re: [vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-bootsystem)

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 01:32, Rob Rogers wrote:

> Correct, but just for the record, you don't need to manually back up the
> MBR, LILO does it automatically.

BUt in order for LILO -u to work, you *have* to have a backup of the MBR
somewhere.  If you've destroyed the Linux partitions and rewritten them
with an NTFS filesystem, then you don't have a backup of the MBR
anywhere.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford