2003 Oct 27 21:56

Re: [vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

Re: [vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:30:34 -0800, Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford@mossroot.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 21:02, Mark K. Kim wrote:
You can't uninstall LILO like that. Uninstalling LILO recreates
the MBR using the backup MBR... since the partition you had the original
LILO (which also had the original MBR) is gone, you can't uninstall LILO.

What you wanna do here is REinstall LILO. Make it boot directly into
Windows without prompting. Create a lilo.conf file then run:
I'm not sure I understand how that will work, since lilo.conf lives in
/etc, on the Linux side... am I right?  If that's the case, then LILO
won't be able to see lilo.conf.
If you had cut one less line in your quoting you would have seen:

lilo -C lilo.conf

man lilo says:
-C config-file
      lilo reads its instructions about what files to map from its config
      file, by default /etc/lilo.conf.  This option can be used to specify
      a non-default config file.