January 6: Social gathering
2003 Oct 23 08:42

[vox-tech] ssh-agent help

trying to understand ssh-agent...

my understanding is that for ssh-agent to be useful, the process needs
to be an ancestor of all your login (vc) and non-login (xterm) shells.

where should it be run from?

login shells source /etc/profile, so when i log into a virtual console
and type "startx", it should be an ancestor of all my xterms.

but in my /etc/bash.bashrc, i source /etc/profile.  will that cause
problems with ssh-agent running separately for each xterm i create?

thanks!
pete