2003 Oct 22 11:40

[vox-tech] ATARAID question

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install Gentoo on my machine with ATARAID option. I posted my question on Gentoo mailing list,
however didn't get any replies. I think that's because my question is stupid ( I don't have any other explanation ).
I'm trying to figure out what's the correct name for my ATARAID device.

Quote from manual:

"Also, in the GRUB configuration be sure to point the root to the appropriate RAID device: Code listing .5: grub.conf for RAID

title=My Gentoo Linux on RAID
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/ataraid/dXpY"

So what do I have to put instead of X and Y and what d and p mean (/dXpY)?

Thanks,
Walther.