January 6: Social gathering
2003 Oct 21 10:03

Re: [vox-tech] win32 compiler

Pete

Are you aware of Bloodshed Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)? It appears to use a windows port of GCC for the compiler. It's all GUI oriented, which I know you don't like, but when I tried with some simple programs it "just worked".

I don't know anything about mxwindows, though.

Jonathan

p@dirac.org wrote:
i've played around with wxwindows, which is supposed to be one of the
most cross platform GUIs around.

i've written some test programs on linux, and now i'd like to try to
compile them on windows (we have win98).

there's lcc-win32, but AFAIKS, it's for C, not C++.  are there any free
C++ win32 compilers that will compile my wxwindows code?

pete