2003 Oct 18 05:56

Re: [vox-tech] X-No-Archive Inheritance?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Friday 17 October 2003 02:45 pm, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> > I hesitate to post my 2-cents due to ignorance, but here goes:
> >
> > It seems to me that the point of choosing not to archive a message (with
> > X-No-Archive) is because the message is not worth archiving for some
> > reason (e.g. one-liner, too silly, etc.).
> >
> > Anyone thinking that they can protect personal information by not
> > archiving a message should think again.  Any message sent to a vox list
> > is sent to over 100 different person's mailboxes who can do with it what
> > they will...
>
> My concern is that someone could post a question that deals with something
> illegal (DMCA violations). Archiving this would be bad.

Jonathan's point is that you can't prevent it from being archived when you
post it to a public mailing list.  You can suggest that it not be, but you
cannot prevent it from being archived.  Therefore, be careful what you
say... caveat lector.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing