2003 Oct 15 17:31

Re: [vox-tech] ripping video: wierd interleaving effect on fastmotion

Re: [vox-tech] ripping video: wierd interleaving effect on fastmotion

--On Wednesday, October 15, 2003 15:38:43 -0700 Troy Arnold <troy-vox@zenux.net> wrote:

last night at nblug we had a presentation on mythTV.  It *is* slick.
The mpeg4 encoding looked very nice and it had the option to record raw
and encode later (in case you don't have the CPU to do it in one shot.
One nice feature of tivo (and replaytv) is that they can be set to control an external cable/satellite converter instead of using their internal tuner for everything. They come with a little ifrared LED that sticks onto the converter's IR port. The tivo/replaytv sets its own tuner to channel 4 (or uses a composite video input) and changes channels by sending remote-control commands to the converter. This way, you can record from scrambled channels and so on.

Do any of the convert-your-PC-into-a-tivo products have anything like this?
--
"We actually do 100,000 pages or more a day in Bork"
-- Marissa Mayer, Google