2003 Sep 25 11:08

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

I think what you've described is the URI.  URL is supposed to be a subset
of URI, whatever that means.  I personally don't care but I wouldn't mind
knowing what that means if anyone else knows.

-Mark

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Mitch Patenaude wrote:

> > i didn't know this.  so, an URL is of the form:
> >
> > URL = user:password@url
> >
> > where lowercase "url" is what i used to think of as being an url. and
> > the "user:password@" portion is optional.
>
> in Pseudo-BNF a URL spec looks something like

> [<pathelement>{/<pathelement>}][?<argument>[=value]{&<argment>[=value]}]
>
> and everthing after the server/port is called a URI (Uniform Resource
> Indicator? I think)  which iteslf can be broken down into a "PATH" and
> a "QUERY_STRING" (a la cgi environment variables.)
>
> I used to work for a company that made web tracking software, so I got
> to know the URL spec pretty well.
>
> -- Mitch

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/