2003 Sep 25 10:58

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

Re: [vox-tech] one of the most pernicious spams i've ever seen.

i didn't know this.  so, an URL is of the form:

URL = user:password@url

where lowercase "url" is what i used to think of as being an url. and
the "user:password@" portion is optional.
in Pseudo-BNF a URL spec looks something like

and everthing after the server/port is called a URI (Uniform Resource Indicator? I think) which iteslf can be broken down into a "PATH" and a "QUERY_STRING" (a la cgi environment variables.)

I used to work for a company that made web tracking software, so I got to know the URL spec pretty well.

-- Mitch