2003 Sep 23 14:34

Re: [vox-tech] Compile problem...

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:20:57AM -0800, Walther The Writer wrote:
> Since it seems I can't get any help, ( at least for now ) , from developers of wvstreams ( actually, I need
> wvdial to work from  console ), I'll  to ask what's going on wrong with my compile. When I do make, it says:

> ./streams/wvstream.h:21: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see
>    the documentation for details
> wvresolver.cc:132: default argument given for parameter 4 of `int
>    WvResolver::findaddr(int, const WvString&, const WvIPAddr**, WvIPAddrList* =
>    0)'
> wvresolver.h:37: after previous specification in `int WvResolver::findaddr(int,
>    const WvString&, const WvIPAddr**, WvIPAddrList* = 0)'

It has a problem with the fact that a default initializer was
specified in two different prototypes. Even though the initializer is
the same, it's still illegal to specify it twice.

Given the large number of warnings, I'll bet they were developing for
an older version of g++ than the one you are using to compile it; try
something in the 2.95.* series and see if you get better results.

HTH,
Micah