2003 Sep 23 22:47

[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

roland smith, whom i met while googling shared a *wonderful* procmail
recipe that catches windows viruses.  it's made my life bearable.  here
it is:

# Broad antivirus recipe:
#
# It looks at the contents of attachments. The 2nd condition is the header of
# a win32 exe encoded with the base64 algorithm. No matter how the virus is
# named, that header MUST have this specific form, or it won't be recognized
# by windows as an executable.  So every attachment that starts with
# TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg is a win32 program and a potential virus.  The 3rd
# condition is the string "this program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode" encoded
# in base64.  It's there just to be sure, and avoid false positives.
#
:0 B
* ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
* ^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg
* 4fug4AtAnNIbg
{
	LOG="[virus: win32 exe]     "

	:0
	DUMP
}

just cut and paste into .procmailrc and your 99E999 swen viruses per day
wil be placed into $MAILDIR/DUMP (or /dev/null if that's what you want).

the guy had some good procmail recipes on his website:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/spamblock.html

enjoy!
pete