2003 Sep 16 17:01

Re: [vox-tech] backing up DVDs (was Re: [vox] fair use / DVD questions)

On Tue 16 Sep 03,  3:15 PM, Jan W <jcwynholds@yahoo.com> said:
> I have done a bit of burning of DVD+R and +RW media for work here.
>
> I use cdrecord-prodvd and xcdroast for the GUI.
>
> I have successfully recorded 4.7 GB of data on +R media, but I have no
> experience with -R media whatsoever.  We use Plextor 504A.

i've had my eye on the 708-UF.  just need to get myself a USB 2.0
motherboard (if they exist yet) or a card.  and check USB 2.0 status in
the linux kernel.

btw, what is DVD-RAM format?  seems to be distinct from DVD+/-R/RW.

pete