2003 Sep 17 11:28

Re: [vox-tech] Odd ncftp bug

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 01:09:59PM -0700, Michael J Wenk wrote:

> Maybe turn off shell globbing?

FYI, it wasn't shell that was doing it.  Firstly, quoting would've
gotten around that, but didn't.

Secondly, running ncftp in interactive mode, and using the "open"
command with the same URL I was giving on the command-line, caused the
same problem.

In the end, it was "%", and chars following it, were being considered an
escape sequence.

Actually ESCAPING it (much like you write "&" to get an "&" in HTML)
made it work:

  mypasshasa%sign

becomes:

  mypasshasa%25sign