2003 Sep 16 12:23

Re: [vox-tech] Odd ncftp bug

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 11:55 US/Pacific, Bill Kendrick wrote:

6. strace -o LOG ncftpget -R ftp://USER:"PASSWORD"@ftp.server.com
Ah-hah!  Someone, somewhere, is using "%" as an escape character!
That's part of the URL spec. %XX is used to encode a character that wouldn't be legal otherwise in that context, where XX is the hex for the ascii value of that character. Sorry.. I don't remember that ascii value for "%" offhand, but there are a lot of utilities for encoding/decoding.

-- Mitch