2003 Sep 15 11:38

Re: [vox-tech] ncftpget as a replacement for rsync

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:26:38AM -0700, Ricardo Anguiano wrote:

> Perhaps wget -m will work with ftp.  If it does, and you already have
> everything, use wget -m ftp://blah/blah to get the new stuff.  The old
> stuff will not be downloaded again.

Sadly, the version of wget I'm running (1.8.2) seems to have a bug! :^(

  $ wget -r -m ftp://USER:PASS@HOST
  ftp://USER:PASS@HOST: Bad port number.

  FNISHED --11:35:34--
  Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files

An older version I have access to on another server (v. 1.7) does not
seem to have this bug.

:^(