2003 Sep 15 20:44

[vox-tech] ncftpget as a replacement for rsync

[vox-tech] ncftpget as a replacement for rsync

Okay, I've got a server that allows external FTP uploads from
various people.

I have another server onto which I want to grab any new files from that
FTP server.

I can use ncftpget to recursively grab EVERYTHING that the users have
uploaded, but I want only the NEW stuff.

Obviously, rsync is the perfect tool for this, but (at the moment, at least),
one can't even SSH into this box remotely!  It's completely locked down,
except for the FTP uploads (which I presume is locked down 'enough' :) )

Unfortunately, I don't see any command-line options or anything in
'ncftpget' that say "Don't re-download files" :^/
Only stuff like "Delete after download" and "Append, don't overwrite, local
files"...

Ideas?

(In the meantime, I'm asking if we can get a hole punched to allow rsync ;) )