2003 Sep 02 19:57

Re: [vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:49:41PM -0700, Charles McLaughlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a PHP script that runs at the shell -- not from within HTML.
>
> If I try to connect to a MySQL database from a script running at the
> shell, PHP seg faults.  But if I run the same code as a web page through
> Apache it works fine.
>

> For instance, if I run my script at the shell like this:
>
> php4 myFile.php  --> it seg faults
>

> But if I view it in a web browser like this:
>
> http:\\127.0.0.1\myFile.php	--> this works
>
> Why would there be a difference if my script runs through Apache?
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm coming in late on this thread, but one thing I have not seen
mentioned is what version of the mysql libs were used.  When compiling
php, you have the option of linking against php's built in mysql libs,
or the system libs (--with-mysql=/some/path).  If you have the option to
rebuild php, try doing so with the system libraries.

-troy