2003 Sep 02 10:55

Re: [vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

Mark,

Thanks for all of your tips.  I'm calling this thing a shell script, but
I guess it isn't really one.  By shell script I meant that it doesn't run
through Apache.  And the GTK GUI is the main part of the program.  Since I
really want the GTK GUI, I can't run it through Apache.

I'm running Debian unstable.  I think my PHP version is 4.3.2.
This same script works on a Windows box running PHP 4.3.0.

I'm running my script like this at the terminal:

php4 myFile.php

I think Apache is set to use the PHP4 module (at least I remember seeing
some mention of a PHP4 module when using Webmin).  But I have no clue if I'm
using the CGI or CLI version when running it from the shell.

Is there a way to specify to PHP to use the CGI or CLI version -- perhaps
they are two different executables?
( sorry for my ignorance here... I've never even heard of the CLI version
before ;-) )

Thanks again!

Charles